Friday, August 8, 2008

Back on the Training Wagon

Chris told me today she was going to swim around the Santa Cruz pier, bike 50-something miles and run 6. I am so jealous. I want to be training for something again!!! Yes, I know, Vineman was barely 3 weeks ago, but I'm ready for more!


I made it out for a 40-minute run today before the show. I'm hoping to bike into Victoria tomorrow morning, as we don't show until afternoon, and then follow that up with a short tempo run. Sunday will be a long run as we again don't show until afternoon.


Today Stanley went Reserve. Kendra, now a special, won Best of Breed over 3 specials, including one who is ranked very highly in the U.S.!!! She's on a roll now!

I did have a long conversation today with a photographer from the Victoria Times Colonist and he took many many pictures of us while I groomed Stanley for the ring. We will see when tomorrow's paper comes out but apparently I should expect to see us in there. To be honest we mostly talked about hockey, but I think I impressed him when I mentioned Barry Melrose taking over as coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning.

Back at the hotel, we've got a lot of this going on.

No comments: