Saturday, November 8, 2008

Beach Bums

This morning we woke before dawn to fulfill our role as guardians of the world's most spoiled dogs. We drove the Hairballs3 down to Santa Cruz to romp on the beach. I realized that Stanley hasn't been to the beach since he was about 5 months old, so this ought to be quite fun for him.

Bonny Doon Beach
From 2008_Nov08

*shake*
From 2008_Nov08

Chasing the big dog. Between the both of them, these two have about 1 brain cell when it comes to water safety.
From 2008_Nov08

Leaping and bounding
From 2008_Nov08

That coat concealed 10 pounds of sand by the end of our visit.
From 2008_Nov08

Hey, Max? There's something on your nose.
From 2008_Nov08

Family photo
From 2008_Nov08

If I hide, maybe I can stay here instead of going home?
From 2008_Nov08


As should be no surprise, there is a price for all forms of fun. The beardie boys got thorough baths upon arriving home, and there is a mountain of sand in the bush where the Booster Bath drains. After baths (now you've got my day up to 10am), we headed out on a ride south with Nigel and my dad. I was only supposed to ride 1:15 so I turned back before the big climb, but the men went on and did Hicks up the Almaden side and down to Shannon before heading back.


I have a long run in the morning so nothing on the agenda but Sharks, rest, and eating healthy this evening.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOL --- 10 lbs of sand....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Gorgeous shots.

Oh-and smart woman for turning back. But someday you should do Hicks - getting prepared for the "Death Ride" !

Melissa said...

Oh man, that's so much sand and wet dogs! It looks like you all had a great time. I'm lucky (I think), our dog is so scared of the water.

That ride looks awesome.

-Melissa

Iron Jayhawk said...

Hey Molly...I'm just now catching up on blogs after a Hiatus. I loooooooooooooooooooooove love love the dogs. :) They make me smile.

On a side note, can you email me this week? I have a question of importance for you. Grazie! barbsmarathon at gmail.com

Fe-lady said...

Happy Doggies! (And how DID you get the sand out?) wow!
Love the leaping picture!