Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Aches and Pains

I'm now well into my 3rd week back at training and the volume is starting to pick up. I've had 2 strength/core/flexibility workouts in the last 3 days with another to go this week. I'll let Coach explain the importance of this kind of training. She also does quite a good job of depicting the aches and pains that go along with it. Despite the soreness, I love this stuff because in the end I know it makes me stronger!!
funny pictures of dogs with captions

Big news today - fellow Smofitter Andrea announced that she is doing Ironman Coeur D'Alene this coming June. She signed up the day after the 2008 race and she's kept it a secret for 7 months! I understand the nerves associated with signing up for such a big event and why she waited till it was a bit more real before sharing the news with friends and family. Clearly I am way too much of a blabbermouth to ever hold anything in for that long though! Anyway, Andrea will be racing in CDA just 1 week after I race in Boise. Right now I'm trying to figure out the logistics to go cheer for her. It's not often that one of your friends does their first Ironman after all!

Tomorrow I have my first "long run" since Vegas. Nothing too long but I am excited to get out there again. I love long run days! Ever since I first started running there was something special about the day you went out for the long haul, thinking just a bit more carefully about nutrition, hydration, route, etc. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Viv said...

Hope the long run went sweell!

Loved the pics! The one of feet in the air, girl that is one to be supah proud of!

Jen said...

I see that you will be at training camp in Florida. I live in Tampa and we are going to try to meet up. That would be fun. I am just beginning all of this, but would love to get together.
I LOVE your dogs. I am a HUGE dog lover myself.

Marit C-L said...

Hey - if you're at CDA, I'll get to meet you! Hooray! I'm doing the race too!!! :) Good luck with the core stuff - critical? Yes. Painful? Absolutely!