Monday, June 15, 2009

Active Recovery

This week I get to take as an active recovery week.  No triathlon training. 

My Training Peaks plan spells out important activities like: “Drink a beer” or “Have a margarita” or “Bathe the dogs” (does Liz know how much work bathing the dogs is?!). 

I’m sure by the end of it I’ll be screaming for some training work to do.  Or maybe not, since I’m going to IM CDA to spectate this weekend.  I might be so scared by the spectacle of 2,000 suffering athletes that I run away and hide and try to pretend I’m *not* doing an Ironman in 5 months.  It could happen!

6 comments:

D said...

You know, you could pay me to tell you to be a lazy slob and drink booze. Just sayin.

ADC said...

Yay, see you some time this week. can't wait, can't wait.

beardies3 said...

It will never happen. You love training. You don't even like taper weeks.
You will wish you were racing and will expend as much energy as the racers, cheering, helping, and being a spectacular spectathlete.

Runner Leana said...

I'll take "drink a margarita" on my training plan any day! Nice!

Marit C-L said...

Well, I'm SUPER EXCITED to see you again! :) :) :) Enjoy the time off and recovery week - you have earned it!

As for the spectathleting and being scared of Ironman. Spend five minutes at the finish line, and I guarantee you won't be afraid. :) One of the most incredible experiences - watching people finish. I LOVE it - you can just feel the emotions. And yes, some people look like they're in (a lot of) pain (so don't visit the medical tent!) Just park yourself 50 meters from the end and watch the magic. :)

Maggs said...

Have a couple beers. That's the best way to recover.