Sunday, February 14, 2010

Feeling The Love

Thankfully my week has ended on a better note than it started.  Post-race fatigue and soreness and major work stress combined for a doozy of a week.  Add in a missed workout and I’m never happy.  However, a nice little weekend trip (more on that tomorrow) and appreciation of the loved ones in my life has left me in a better mood today.

In the “a few of my favorite things” category….

My first and forever heart dog

17871_1307340598973_1094292940_30967806_5717189_n

The goofball who took my breath away the day he was born

013

The one who brought me flowers at the airport this morning

2009_Feb14 016

Perhaps proof of our old-married status…our Valentines dinner tonight was Mojo burgers and shakes (celebrations are delayed a few days since I traveled this weekend)

007

Training totals for February 8-14:
Swim: 4150 yards I missed masters one day :*(
Bike: 51.5 miles
Run: 15.4 miles
Strength: 1 hour
Total time: 8.75 hours

8 comments:

San said...

Ah, so cute. Have a good new week.

San said...

PS. Think of the missed training as added recovery time, it might help. ;-)

ADC said...

I am glad the week has turned out to be nice.

Missy said...

Hell, our Valentine's day dinner was pizza and beer. I'm totally OK with all that.

Love those pups!

Unknown said...

Don't worry about the missed workout...lots more days to come!!

GoBigGreen said...

That's ok. I know what you mean missing a wko, kinda deflates me too. I missed 10 mile RACE this weekend. I am still slowly forgivingmyself since it was my dumb move that got me there. Oh well, its February right:)?

Wes said...

Dee Dee and I had a romantic breakfast at Waffle House listening to Sweet Home Alabama on the juke box :-) Top that!

Maggs said...

That looks like the best Valentine's Day dinner EVER! Does he have a brother?