Friday, February 19, 2010

Protect Yourself

This time of year, it’s sometimes hard to think about the sun, as we may go days without seeing it. But as soon as it makes an appearance, I know we’re all running out to enjoy it – swimming, biking, running, heck even just basking in its warmth.

The sun is a wonderful thing! BUT…(there’s always a but, right?) skin cancer and sunburns are not so wonderful. We’ve all had a race day where we didn’t protect ourselves enough and ended up suffering for it later. Not to mention wrinkles – who wants to look older than they really are because of a bunch of sun damage and wrinkles?

As a true northern Europe blend mutt, I’ve been made fun of for being blindingly white. But hey, I must be doing something right if I still get carded with a suspicious look at the ripe old age of 33. I’ve always made a point to apply, and reapply, and make a habit out of sunblock.

I was stoked to learn that Kinesys, an awesome local sunscreen company, would sponsor me this year. I was even more excited to get my first package from them last week, right before I left for San Diego!

014

So far, I have only positive things to say! I’ve been using their facial sunblock daily as a base layer. I also used the spray-on alcohol-free product to lounge all day poolside in the San Diego sun, with nary a burn or change in skin color. I can’t wait to use their (water-resistant, sweat-resistant) sunscreen in my next race!

Thank you, Kinesys!

11 comments:

Wes said...

Looks like good stuff! I was very happy with myself for not allowing my skin to burn at IM FL... Augusta, not so much :-(

Maria said...

Well, heyy, congratulations! Hopefully the sun will be out full force soon for you to take advantage of your sponsorship!

Maggs said...

Awesome stuff! They are one of my sponsors too. Congrats!

Larissa said...

Don't forget to put sunblock on even on Cloudy/overcast days. One of the worst burns i've ever had was a over cast day ugh! congrats on the sponsorship! I'll have to check that company out. I'm always looking for a sunblock that doesn't make me breakout for days after!

Runner Leana said...

That's awesome! I love Kinesys and have been using it for years now.

Kris said...

Nice loot! I really need to be better about sunscreen.....as hubby keeps reminding me.

Unknown said...

Awesome! Congrats on the sponsorship, and thanks for the message!!

beardies3 said...

Nice! Very nice!

jennabul said...

Hey, this is really cool and exciting! I will have to try some as I am of the European Blend persuasion as well.

Lisa T said...

Thanks for the sunscreen reminder. It's harder to remember when it's not that warm outside!

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on the sponsorship and thanks for the reminder!