Monday, June 7, 2010

Random Monday Thoughts

  • I love the farmers market.  I am so glad the summer ones are back in session.  I need my Wednesday night fix of fresh fruit and a sugar crepe!
  • I had a faster run split yesterday than the overall winner of the race. Now I just need to learn how to swim and bike like that!
  • I went to bed last night all sniffly and worried I was getting a cold but woke up this morning just fine.  It may have just been the SF Bay draining from my sinuses.  I picked up a Coldbuster at Jamba Juice on the way to work anyway – better safe than sorry!
  • I’m feeling even better about getting all that heat training in Chicago after looking at the forecast for this weekend.  I will probably be done racing before it gets too hot but if not, I’ll be prepared anyway!
  • And…I just got some terrible news about a friend that makes all these items seem stupid.  Please just hug your families tonight and think good thoughts for someone who has been a good friend to me.

6 comments:

beardies3 said...

Positive healing energy to your friend. Keep the faith and hug yourself for being such a good friend. Real friends hang around when the going gets the roughest. I know you will be there for her.

Wes said...

you got it, chica :-(

Sherry said...

Positive vibes heading your friend's way. Hugs all around.

Kathleen said...

Sending positive thoughts your friend's way.

Erin said...

You know what? I thought the same thing on Saturday night after my Mile Race. I was all stuffy with a sore throat and I thought oh crap, but then I went to bed and woke up okay. I guess the long day and being over tired just tricked me!

ShirleyPerly said...

Sorry to hear about your friend.