Friday, December 7, 2012

A Case of the Fridays

With the countdown to our corporate holiday shutdown (still 2 weeks to go), every day feels a bit like Friday, with that anticipation of when-can-the-fun-begin?  So, 10 random things to kick off the weekend...

  1. I'm *this* close to having all my major work done for the year.  I'm really looking forward to some slackage time.
  2. Big Swim Month is going well. Copious amounts of skin moisturizer and pre-swim gel are keeping my hair and face from shriveling up, for which I am grateful.
  3. Today is a double swim day, masters this morning and then a short one at lunch. 
  4. Every time I bitch about having to go to the pool for a 30 minute swim, I remind myself that it's longer than most of my swim races will be this year.  That always puts a smile on my face.
  5. I'm almost done with the classes I was taking this fall.  One final next Wedneday is all that's left!
  6. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't really enjoy waking up before 5am.  But I've done it four times this week already. 
  7. And on Tuesday, I had to get up at 4:30 in order to do my 90 minute run-bike before an all day work meeting.  There are not enough endorphins in the world once 2pm rolls around...
  8. Last weekend we basically had a party to go to every night, 3 nights in a row.  I was so bloated from all that eating by the end of the weekend, I was grateful that most of our friends don't throw parties.
  9. Did I mention only 2 more weeks of work for the year?  Hallelujah! 
  10. Stanley is exceptionally bored with me lately.  Thankfully he's got a big USDAA trial this weekend so he'll have his happy face on tomorrow morning.

No comments: